Sometimes you don’t even have to listen to a song to know it’s going to be dope, and that was exactly the case when Idle Warship’s Go Brooklyn landed in my inbox this morning. First, any song that uses the epicenter of hip-hop, Brooklyn, as its background is almost guaranteed to come correct. Second, if you didn’t know, Idle Warship is comprised of Talib Kweli (dope rapper), Philly native Res (dope singer) and Toronto based Graph Novel (another dope singer). And as if that wasn’t enough, they also added a verse from Skyzoo, whose new album The Salvation was dope, and some atmospheric, unraveling production work from Oh No (oh yes). That, my friends, is a lot of dopeness on one track. Manhattan may be making it, but Brooklyn keeps on taking it. Go Brooklyn is off Idle Warship’s new, Mick Boogie affiliated album Party Robot, set to drop next week.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/22/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.