With Idle Warship‘s first featured cut, Talib Kweli, Res, and Graph Nobel slipped on their shades to bring listeners a New Wave-inspired club scorcher that nonetheless showcased the members’ lyrical skills and, in Res’ case, soulful vocal chops. Sticking close to Steady‘s dance-hop blueprint but taking inspiration from a more current source, the Warship are back in the Booth with an unofficial remix of Girls on the Dance Floor by L.A.‘s Far East Movement. Though the ‘08 single’s instrumental is retained, Warship otherwise make the cut entirely their own, pairing Talib and Graph’s propulsive rhymes with a new hook by Res to create a record that many will agree parties harder, hipper, and smarter than the original. Bona-fide talent and body-moving beats are two great tastes that taste great together, and listeners hungry for more should keep an eye out for the group’s debut studio album, Party Robot, set to drop sometime this year.
Written by richard on 03/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.