With Idle Warship‘s first featured cut, Talib Kweli, Res, and Graph Nobel slipped on their shades to bring listeners a New Wave-inspired club scorcher that nonetheless showcased the members’ lyrical skills and, in Res’ case, soulful vocal chops. Sticking close to Steady‘s dance-hop blueprint but taking inspiration from a more current source, the Warship are back in the Booth with an unofficial remix of Girls on the Dance Floor by L.A.‘s Far East Movement. Though the ‘08 single’s instrumental is retained, Warship otherwise make the cut entirely their own, pairing Talib and Graph’s propulsive rhymes with a new hook by Res to create a record that many will agree parties harder, hipper, and smarter than the original. Bona-fide talent and body-moving beats are two great tastes that taste great together, and listeners hungry for more should keep an eye out for the group’s debut studio album, Party Robot, set to drop sometime this year.
Written by richard on 03/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.