With Idle Warship‘s first featured cut, Talib Kweli, Res, and Graph Nobel slipped on their shades to bring listeners a New Wave-inspired club scorcher that nonetheless showcased the members’ lyrical skills and, in Res’ case, soulful vocal chops. Sticking close to Steady‘s dance-hop blueprint but taking inspiration from a more current source, the Warship are back in the Booth with an unofficial remix of Girls on the Dance Floor by L.A.‘s Far East Movement. Though the ‘08 single’s instrumental is retained, Warship otherwise make the cut entirely their own, pairing Talib and Graph’s propulsive rhymes with a new hook by Res to create a record that many will agree parties harder, hipper, and smarter than the original. Bona-fide talent and body-moving beats are two great tastes that taste great together, and listeners hungry for more should keep an eye out for the group’s debut studio album, Party Robot, set to drop sometime this year.
Written by richard on 03/1/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.