With Idle Warship‘s first featured cut, Talib Kweli, Res, and Graph Nobel slipped on their shades to bring listeners a New Wave-inspired club scorcher that nonetheless showcased the members’ lyrical skills and, in Res’ case, soulful vocal chops. Sticking close to Steady‘s dance-hop blueprint but taking inspiration from a more current source, the Warship are back in the Booth with an unofficial remix of Girls on the Dance Floor by L.A.‘s Far East Movement. Though the ‘08 single’s instrumental is retained, Warship otherwise make the cut entirely their own, pairing Talib and Graph’s propulsive rhymes with a new hook by Res to create a record that many will agree parties harder, hipper, and smarter than the original. Bona-fide talent and body-moving beats are two great tastes that taste great together, and listeners hungry for more should keep an eye out for the group’s debut studio album, Party Robot, set to drop sometime this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.