With Idle Warship‘s first featured cut, Talib Kweli, Res, and Graph Nobel slipped on their shades to bring listeners a New Wave-inspired club scorcher that nonetheless showcased the members’ lyrical skills and, in Res’ case, soulful vocal chops. Sticking close to Steady‘s dance-hop blueprint but taking inspiration from a more current source, the Warship are back in the Booth with an unofficial remix of Girls on the Dance Floor by L.A.‘s Far East Movement. Though the ‘08 single’s instrumental is retained, Warship otherwise make the cut entirely their own, pairing Talib and Graph’s propulsive rhymes with a new hook by Res to create a record that many will agree parties harder, hipper, and smarter than the original. Bona-fide talent and body-moving beats are two great tastes that taste great together, and listeners hungry for more should keep an eye out for the group’s debut studio album, Party Robot, set to drop sometime this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!