Somehow, artists who are considered veterans of the game always manage to successfully push the envelope with new material. Talib Kweli has proven that he is no different. Driving Me Insane, from his collaborative group Idle Warship, now has some brand new visuals, and this heavy metal influenced cut produced by Farhot showcases Philly songstress Res’ singing talents, as well as her MC skills as she holds down a brief rhyme pretty well. Joining her with equally impressive uptempo sixteens, Kweli The BK MC shows us why he’s nothing short of legendary with his mastered brand of witty wordplay. Handling directing duties for this visual is none other than Long Island mic wrecker RA The Rugged Man, who’s apparently been polishing his cinematic skills behind the scenes while working with several established directors. For more from Idle Warship pick up their digital release, Habits of the Heart, released under Kweli’s Blacksmith imprint this past November.
Written by WriterJones on 04/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.