Somehow, artists who are considered veterans of the game always manage to successfully push the envelope with new material. Talib Kweli has proven that he is no different. Driving Me Insane, from his collaborative group Idle Warship, now has some brand new visuals, and this heavy metal influenced cut produced by Farhot showcases Philly songstress Res’ singing talents, as well as her MC skills as she holds down a brief rhyme pretty well. Joining her with equally impressive uptempo sixteens, Kweli The BK MC shows us why he’s nothing short of legendary with his mastered brand of witty wordplay. Handling directing duties for this visual is none other than Long Island mic wrecker RA The Rugged Man, who’s apparently been polishing his cinematic skills behind the scenes while working with several established directors. For more from Idle Warship pick up their digital release, Habits of the Heart, released under Kweli’s Blacksmith imprint this past November.
Written by WriterJones on 04/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.