Somehow, artists who are considered veterans of the game always manage to successfully push the envelope with new material. Talib Kweli has proven that he is no different. Driving Me Insane, from his collaborative group Idle Warship, now has some brand new visuals, and this heavy metal influenced cut produced by Farhot showcases Philly songstress Res’ singing talents, as well as her MC skills as she holds down a brief rhyme pretty well. Joining her with equally impressive uptempo sixteens, Kweli The BK MC shows us why he’s nothing short of legendary with his mastered brand of witty wordplay. Handling directing duties for this visual is none other than Long Island mic wrecker RA The Rugged Man, who’s apparently been polishing his cinematic skills behind the scenes while working with several established directors. For more from Idle Warship pick up their digital release, Habits of the Heart, released under Kweli’s Blacksmith imprint this past November.
Written by WriterJones on 04/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.