When you think of a typical rap group, usually the last image that comes to mind is one male emcee and two female singers, but Brooklyn bred Talib Kweli is not your ordinary rapper, and Idle Warship is not your typical group. Comprised of Kweli, Philadelphia singer (and frequent Kweli collaborator) Res and Canadian singer Graph Nobel, Idle Warship has a unique sound and flow, to say the least. On their new single, Bedroom Lites, the group takes turns rapping about a steamy night over a retro sounding beat produced by Co-T, who creates a real ‘80s vibe by combining vocals and heavy percussion to create a truly distinctive sound. The group has great chemistry, as evidenced by how easily Kweli flows in and out between the two singers - whose smooth, occasionally robotic vocals are the icing on the cake - although I have to admit the track did leave me wanting more from Kweli, whose verses seemed short. Bedroom Lites is off the Party Robot mixtape, which dropped late last month.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!