If life were fair, Idasa Tariq would be earning time-and-a-half for all the Over Time hours he pours into his music on top of his nine-to-five grind. As it is, the Pittsburgh-based, Binghamton, N.Y.-raised emcee can only keep hustling in hopes that his bars and rhymes will someday free him from ever having to clock in again. On this freshly-released mixtape single Tariq’s own quietly determined sample work sets the mood as the artist expresses his faith that his impending success in the game will make all the drudgery worthwhile: “I’m certain that eventually I’m gonna make it / in a couple months, I’ll be rockin’ all your stages…” No More Minimum Wage as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for release details as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
Ground Flow Communications, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Batter Up" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.