If life were fair, Idasa Tariq would be earning time-and-a-half for all the Over Time hours he pours into his music on top of his nine-to-five grind. As it is, the Pittsburgh-based, Binghamton, N.Y.-raised emcee can only keep hustling in hopes that his bars and rhymes will someday free him from ever having to clock in again. On this freshly-released mixtape single Tariq’s own quietly determined sample work sets the mood as the artist expresses his faith that his impending success in the game will make all the drudgery worthwhile: “I’m certain that eventually I’m gonna make it / in a couple months, I’ll be rockin’ all your stages…” No More Minimum Wage as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for release details as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
Ground Flow Communications, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Batter Up" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.