If life were fair, Idasa Tariq would be earning time-and-a-half for all the Over Time hours he pours into his music on top of his nine-to-five grind. As it is, the Pittsburgh-based, Binghamton, N.Y.-raised emcee can only keep hustling in hopes that his bars and rhymes will someday free him from ever having to clock in again. On this freshly-released mixtape single Tariq’s own quietly determined sample work sets the mood as the artist expresses his faith that his impending success in the game will make all the drudgery worthwhile: “I’m certain that eventually I’m gonna make it / in a couple months, I’ll be rockin’ all your stages…” No More Minimum Wage as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for release details as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
Ground Flow Communications, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Batter Up" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.