While mass killings have long been an unfortunate fact of American life, the tragic events of Friday, December 14, seem to have been a cultural turning point; now more than ever, the public is determined to Find a Way to break the cycle. On his latest feature, West Coast emcee ICON offers a broader perspective on the social ills that lead to violence, urging listeners to root out racism, homophobia, misogyny and other intangible sources of strife in addition to implementing practical measures to defend society’s most vulnerable members. Slovenian beatsmith Cazzafura provides an understated, saxophone-laced intrumental backdrop, and director T-Wes complements the track with with some candid, documentary-style visuals. This reflective joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest on ICON’s plans going into 2013.
Written by richard on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
Next N Line Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Recognize Real" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.