While mass killings have long been an unfortunate fact of American life, the tragic events of Friday, December 14, seem to have been a cultural turning point; now more than ever, the public is determined to Find a Way to break the cycle. On his latest feature, West Coast emcee ICON offers a broader perspective on the social ills that lead to violence, urging listeners to root out racism, homophobia, misogyny and other intangible sources of strife in addition to implementing practical measures to defend society’s most vulnerable members. Slovenian beatsmith Cazzafura provides an understated, saxophone-laced intrumental backdrop, and director T-Wes complements the track with with some candid, documentary-style visuals. This reflective joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest on ICON’s plans going into 2013.
Written by richard on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
Next N Line Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Recognize Real" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.