While mass killings have long been an unfortunate fact of American life, the tragic events of Friday, December 14, seem to have been a cultural turning point; now more than ever, the public is determined to Find a Way to break the cycle. On his latest feature, West Coast emcee ICON offers a broader perspective on the social ills that lead to violence, urging listeners to root out racism, homophobia, misogyny and other intangible sources of strife in addition to implementing practical measures to defend society’s most vulnerable members. Slovenian beatsmith Cazzafura provides an understated, saxophone-laced intrumental backdrop, and director T-Wes complements the track with with some candid, documentary-style visuals. This reflective joint isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest on ICON’s plans going into 2013.
Written by richard on 01/3/13
Submit your Rating
Next N Line Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Recognize Real" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.