I’m no statistician, but I’d estimate the likelihood of any individual rap hopeful climbing to the top of the game as somewhere below that same emcee getting struck by lightning on the way to their next show. But does ICON give a f**k? Decidedly not. On a freshly-released promotional single, the Iranian-born, Los Angeles-based lyricist emphasizes his determination to succeed Against All Odds. Montreal beatsmith Ruffsounds produces, crafting a brassy, sampled instrumental to back the artist as he fearlessly surveys the obstacles in his path. Has ICON got what it takes to become rap’s next underdog success story? Only time will tell, but y’all are welcome to weigh in on the topic. Those feeling this record can, of course, keep it locked more more fresh material from the rising rhymesayer.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the David Odio-directed Against All Odds (I Don’t Care) visual.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
Next N Line Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Recognize Real" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.