I’m no statistician, but I’d estimate the likelihood of any individual rap hopeful climbing to the top of the game as somewhere below that same emcee getting struck by lightning on the way to their next show. But does ICON give a f**k? Decidedly not. On a freshly-released promotional single, the Iranian-born, Los Angeles-based lyricist emphasizes his determination to succeed Against All Odds. Montreal beatsmith Ruffsounds produces, crafting a brassy, sampled instrumental to back the artist as he fearlessly surveys the obstacles in his path. Has ICON got what it takes to become rap’s next underdog success story? Only time will tell, but y’all are welcome to weigh in on the topic. Those feeling this record can, of course, keep it locked more more fresh material from the rising rhymesayer.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the David Odio-directed Against All Odds (I Don’t Care) visual.
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Next N Line Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Recognize Real" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.