Before Raekwon drops his highly-anticipated album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2, the Wu-Tang Chef brings his own mini-crew, Ice Water, to the forefront. Their first buzz single, Hip Hop Tribute, features Polite, Stomach, Paulie Caskets, and Donnie Cash reminiscing back to the early days of hip hop, mostly late 80’s New York City rap, when quality lyricism was what ruled the hip hop scene. It is rather refreshing to hear new talent reminisce on the olden days, and in such a lyrically driven way. The old-school beat gives the song a retro feel, therefore adding to Raekwon’s master recipe that hip hop aficionados will love. Do you smell what the Chef is cooking?
Listen to More: Raekwon Written by Burmy
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Big ft. Raekwon & Busta Rhymes" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.