Before Raekwon drops his highly-anticipated album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2, the Wu-Tang Chef brings his own mini-crew, Ice Water, to the forefront. Their first buzz single, Hip Hop Tribute, features Polite, Stomach, Paulie Caskets, and Donnie Cash reminiscing back to the early days of hip hop, mostly late 80’s New York City rap, when quality lyricism was what ruled the hip hop scene. It is rather refreshing to hear new talent reminisce on the olden days, and in such a lyrically driven way. The old-school beat gives the song a retro feel, therefore adding to Raekwon’s master recipe that hip hop aficionados will love. Do you smell what the Chef is cooking?
Written by Burmy on 07/25/07
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Big ft. Raekwon & Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.