Before Raekwon drops his highly-anticipated album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2, the Wu-Tang Chef brings his own mini-crew, Ice Water, to the forefront. Their first buzz single, Hip Hop Tribute, features Polite, Stomach, Paulie Caskets, and Donnie Cash reminiscing back to the early days of hip hop, mostly late 80’s New York City rap, when quality lyricism was what ruled the hip hop scene. It is rather refreshing to hear new talent reminisce on the olden days, and in such a lyrically driven way. The old-school beat gives the song a retro feel, therefore adding to Raekwon’s master recipe that hip hop aficionados will love. Do you smell what the Chef is cooking?
Written by Burmy on 07/25/07
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Big ft. Raekwon & Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.