Before Raekwon drops his highly-anticipated album Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2, the Wu-Tang Chef brings his own mini-crew, Ice Water, to the forefront. Their first buzz single, Hip Hop Tribute, features Polite, Stomach, Paulie Caskets, and Donnie Cash reminiscing back to the early days of hip hop, mostly late 80’s New York City rap, when quality lyricism was what ruled the hip hop scene. It is rather refreshing to hear new talent reminisce on the olden days, and in such a lyrically driven way. The old-school beat gives the song a retro feel, therefore adding to Raekwon’s master recipe that hip hop aficionados will love. Do you smell what the Chef is cooking?
Written by Burmy on 07/25/07
Submit your Rating
Ice H20 Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It Big ft. Raekwon & Busta Rhymes" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)