Is it ever too late for a good summer jam? I think not – and, with the weather in Minne-ap as gloomy as it has been for the past couple weeks, I’m not about to take a ray of musical sunshine like Walk With You for granted. Kicked off with a nostalgic faux-radio broadcast, Ice The Villain‘s current single (and first Booth feature) is a laid-back love jam sure to brighten listeners’ days. Over a Thelonious Dre soulful, windchime-heavy beat, the DMV up-and-comer asks a summertime sweetheart out onto the dancefloor, spitting a brand of game that’s as witty as it is seductive (“Your skin tone is a Coltrane album: smooth.” is going to come in handy next time I’m, uh, trying to pick up chicks at a smoky jazz bar). A warm-weather jam wouldn’t be complete without a catchy chorus, and Raheem DeVaughn goes beyond the call of duty, delivering background “Oohs” and a steamy closing verse in addition to his sung hook. If this breezy cut leaves you thirsty for more, download a copy of Ice’s The L.@.Me Mixtape Vol. 2 when it hits the ‘net in February of next year.
Written by richard on 10/6/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.