When Ice Cube entered the rap game in the ‘80s, he knew the American (or should that be Amerikkan?) social, economic and justice systems were rotten to the core, and the intervening years have only solidified his beliefs. Just in time for Election Day, the veteran West Coast rhymesayer returns to remind us that absolutely Everythang’s Corrupt and f**ked up on a new promo cut which doubles as the lead single off his next album. A fellow traveler on the revolutionary fringes of the music game, Rage Against the Machine’s Tom Morello hooks up with producer Fredwreck to provide a squalling guitar backdrop for Cube’s furious indictment of the powers that be. Directors T.S. Pfeffer and Robert McHugh drive the point home on the visual tip, digging up news footage of the atrocities invoked in the rapper’s verses. Craving more radical rhetoric? Then you’ll most definitely want to keep it locked for the latest leading up to the Q1 2013 release of the Cali mainstay’s next full-length, also titled Everythang’s Corrupt.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
Lench Mob Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Los Angeles ft. Ice Cube" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.