With the West Coast slightly quiet as of late, hip-hop vet Ice Cube has brought a single to rep the leftest state, and rep it hard he does! You may think after a string of kid movies and sitcoms that Ice Cube has lost his hood pass and traded it in for a SAG card, but those doubting the man will be surprised by his new single, the banging Drink the Kool-Aid. Produced by Brandon Alexander, everything about this song is West Coast, with a heavy drum beat to match Cube’s heavy vocals and a guitar melody that will make you reminisce about Ice Cube’s NWA days, this song definitely represents the West in an old school kind of way. Though lyrically Cube may have went over board with lines like “I kill more stars than Conrad Murray,” you cannot knock the aggression coming from Cube as he plans to show the young guns who he beefs with that he has never lost his original gangster flow. With his album I Am the West dropping September 28th, can Cube help put California back on the map?
Listen to More: Ice Cube
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/27/10
Lench Mob Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Los Angeles ft. Ice Cube" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.