With the West Coast slightly quiet as of late, hip-hop vet Ice Cube has brought a single to rep the leftest state, and rep it hard he does! You may think after a string of kid movies and sitcoms that Ice Cube has lost his hood pass and traded it in for a SAG card, but those doubting the man will be surprised by his new single, the banging Drink the Kool-Aid. Produced by Brandon Alexander, everything about this song is West Coast, with a heavy drum beat to match Cube’s heavy vocals and a guitar melody that will make you reminisce about Ice Cube’s NWA days, this song definitely represents the West in an old school kind of way. Though lyrically Cube may have went over board with lines like “I kill more stars than Conrad Murray,” you cannot knock the aggression coming from Cube as he plans to show the young guns who he beefs with that he has never lost his original gangster flow. With his album I Am the West dropping September 28th, can Cube help put California back on the map?
Listen to More: Ice Cube Written by JRTheWriter
Lench Mob Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Los Angeles ft. Ice Cube" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.