With the West Coast slightly quiet as of late, hip-hop vet Ice Cube has brought a single to rep the leftest state, and rep it hard he does! You may think after a string of kid movies and sitcoms that Ice Cube has lost his hood pass and traded it in for a SAG card, but those doubting the man will be surprised by his new single, the banging Drink the Kool-Aid. Produced by Brandon Alexander, everything about this song is West Coast, with a heavy drum beat to match Cube’s heavy vocals and a guitar melody that will make you reminisce about Ice Cube’s NWA days, this song definitely represents the West in an old school kind of way. Though lyrically Cube may have went over board with lines like “I kill more stars than Conrad Murray,” you cannot knock the aggression coming from Cube as he plans to show the young guns who he beefs with that he has never lost his original gangster flow. With his album I Am the West dropping September 28th, can Cube help put California back on the map?
Written by JRTheWriter on 07/27/10
Submit your Rating
Lench Mob Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Los Angeles ft. Ice Cube" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.