The rap game’s considerably more Crowded than it was in 1986, when Ice Cube first hit the scene as one-sixth of N.W.A., but there will always be room in the spotlight for the West Coast vet. That’s due in part to the man’s skills on the mic, and partly to his willingness to elbow the competition out of the way. On this non-album promotional single, recorded for inclusion in a new Coors Light commercial, the Los Angeles mainstay showcases his combative brand of swag over a scintillating club instrumental by Solid Productions. While this joint, as mentioned above, isn’t part of the set, Cube fans should keep it locked for the latest on forthcoming full-length Everythang’s Corrupt, the lead single and title track off which earned rave reviews from our readers when it hit our pages in fall 2012.
Written by richard on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
Lench Mob Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Los Angeles ft. Ice Cube" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.