The rap game’s considerably more Crowded than it was in 1986, when Ice Cube first hit the scene as one-sixth of N.W.A., but there will always be room in the spotlight for the West Coast vet. That’s due in part to the man’s skills on the mic, and partly to his willingness to elbow the competition out of the way. On this non-album promotional single, recorded for inclusion in a new Coors Light commercial, the Los Angeles mainstay showcases his combative brand of swag over a scintillating club instrumental by Solid Productions. While this joint, as mentioned above, isn’t part of the set, Cube fans should keep it locked for the latest on forthcoming full-length Everythang’s Corrupt, the lead single and title track off which earned rave reviews from our readers when it hit our pages in fall 2012.
Written by richard on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
Lench Mob Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Los Angeles ft. Ice Cube" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.