Last month, Ibn Inglor kicked off promotion for his forthcoming sophomore street album with COLD STORM, an aurally adventurous joint showcasing a bolder, more braggadocious side of the artist’s persona than we’d previously encountered. Freshly-released promo single WAXXX continues in its predecessor’s footsteps, while bringing the Windy City repper’s artistic vision into sharper focus. Over E.N.O.N Jacobs and PGMW‘s beat, a nightmarish blend of slowed-down vocal samples and whip-ready percussion, Inglor juxtaposes the dreams of ballerdom that motivate his hustle with the dearth of opportunities available to those who play by the rules. Shrugging off his decision to drop out, he spits: “I got a free Mac with ProTools, n**ga / Tell me what you got from your school, n**ga? / A piece of paper that burn easy…” While this eerie banger won’t be appearing on the project, those feeling it should keep their browsers locked for further details on New Wave, which as yet lacks a drop date. In the meantime, freshman set GawdsSpeed is still available for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.