Recently via Twitter, no less a media outlet than Complex declared Ibn Inglor “the new leader of Chicago’s up-and-coming rappers.” Though some might judge that it’s a little early in his career to make such lofty pronouncements, the Windy City buzzmaker clearly believes that he’s at the vanguard of a NEW WAVE—otherwise, why would he have made that the name of his next project? The LP’s title track and latest street single builds on predecessor COLD STORM‘s overwhelming sonics and imperious bars, with the artist swatting aside pretenders to the throne over a wall of grainy synths and thunderous, reverb-soaked percussion. (Inglor does his own production, with assistance from ELSchmitty.) Featuring this joint and much more, Ibn’s forthcoming full-length currently lacks a drop date. Watch the Booth for further release details on the project, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.