Recently via Twitter, no less a media outlet than Complex declared Ibn Inglor “the new leader of Chicago’s up-and-coming rappers.” Though some might judge that it’s a little early in his career to make such lofty pronouncements, the Windy City buzzmaker clearly believes that he’s at the vanguard of a NEW WAVE—otherwise, why would he have made that the name of his next project? The LP’s title track and latest street single builds on predecessor COLD STORM‘s overwhelming sonics and imperious bars, with the artist swatting aside pretenders to the throne over a wall of grainy synths and thunderous, reverb-soaked percussion. (Inglor does his own production, with assistance from ELSchmitty.) Featuring this joint and much more, Ibn’s forthcoming full-length currently lacks a drop date. Watch the Booth for further release details on the project, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 08/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.