I’d never heard of Le’Land before today but, after listening to Ibn Inglor‘s latest single, I’m not surprised—with the terrifying visions the Chi-town spitter conjures up here, it seems unlikely that many who visited would survive to tell the tale. On the latest song release off his forthcoming full-length (making its world premiere right here in the Booth), Ibn takes the desolate vibe of August’s XXX and turns it up to 11. Flowing over PGMW‘s nightmarish sample work, the emcee paints a picture of a wasteland ravaged by unending war, where demons stalk the streets and human souls are just another commodity. The twist, of course, is that Le’Land isn’t a place at all; it’s a composite of every inner-city ‘hood where chaos reigns supreme and residents live in mortal fear. Fans will be able to find this real-life horror story and more dark, thought-provoking jams on Inglor’s DJBooth-hosted GawdSpeed LP, scheduled to hit our front page for free streaming and download in early December.
Written by richard on 10/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.