If almost any other rapper stepped into the Booth with a record named after Ron Paul’s favorite element, you’d know exactly what to expect: a whole lot of chain talk, and little in the way of lyrical substance. Chi-town’s Ibn Inglor, however, has more pressing matters on his mind than his own fly accoutrements. Gold, the latest single off his forthcoming studio album, finds the Chi-town representative pondering whether spiritual sustenance can be found amidst the greed and violence that dominate inner-city hoods nationwide. Beatsmith E.N.O.N. Jacobs creates an eerie, vocal-sampled backdrop for Ibn’s contemplative, yet visceral bars, and Gregory Buissereth of T.E.H.O. Media provides an atmospheric official video. Featuring this joint, previously-released cuts Le’Land and XXX, and much more, Gawdspeed is scheduled to drop digitally via The DJBooth in December. In the meantime, if you’re feeling this single, you can get up to speed on Ibn Inglor’s work by copping TheComp, a recently-released free mixtape featuring old, new and previously unreleased material from the up-and-coming emcee.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.