If almost any other rapper stepped into the Booth with a record named after Ron Paul’s favorite element, you’d know exactly what to expect: a whole lot of chain talk, and little in the way of lyrical substance. Chi-town’s Ibn Inglor, however, has more pressing matters on his mind than his own fly accoutrements. Gold, the latest single off his forthcoming studio album, finds the Chi-town representative pondering whether spiritual sustenance can be found amidst the greed and violence that dominate inner-city hoods nationwide. Beatsmith E.N.O.N. Jacobs creates an eerie, vocal-sampled backdrop for Ibn’s contemplative, yet visceral bars, and Gregory Buissereth of T.E.H.O. Media provides an atmospheric official video. Featuring this joint, previously-released cuts Le’Land and XXX, and much more, Gawdspeed is scheduled to drop digitally via The DJBooth in December. In the meantime, if you’re feeling this single, you can get up to speed on Ibn Inglor’s work by copping TheComp, a recently-released free mixtape featuring old, new and previously unreleased material from the up-and-coming emcee.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.