Featured on our front page in late February, the lead single off Ibn Inglor‘s next street album found him addressing the public from a position of power, angrily demanding the respect and recognition he deserves. Having made short work of the critics and bloggers, Ibn turns his attention to a more formidable foe on the freshly-released follow-up. DAMAGED harks back to the apocalyptic themes that pervaded the Windy City repper’s earliest Booth features. Over the murky, nightmarish production of Mhone Glor, the artist imagines himself as a warrior standing between his people and the forces of darkness. Though he finds himself ignored and disrespected by those he protects (“Y’all gon’ neglect me? F**kin’ wow!”), he nonetheless rushes headlong into battle with the evil entities that stalk his home streets. Nick Acquroff of Sons Et Al lends his reverb-soaked vocals to the bridge. NW2 is slated to drop digitally Tuesday, April 14. In the meantime, fans are encouraged to check out ICE Inglor’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.