Featured on our front page in late February, the lead single off Ibn Inglor‘s next street album found him addressing the public from a position of power, angrily demanding the respect and recognition he deserves. Having made short work of the critics and bloggers, Ibn turns his attention to a more formidable foe on the freshly-released follow-up. DAMAGED harks back to the apocalyptic themes that pervaded the Windy City repper’s earliest Booth features. Over the murky, nightmarish production of Mhone Glor, the artist imagines himself as a warrior standing between his people and the forces of darkness. Though he finds himself ignored and disrespected by those he protects (“Y’all gon’ neglect me? F**kin’ wow!”), he nonetheless rushes headlong into battle with the evil entities that stalk his home streets. Nick Acquroff of Sons Et Al lends his reverb-soaked vocals to the bridge. NW2 is slated to drop digitally Tuesday, April 14. In the meantime, fans are encouraged to check out ICE Inglor’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
With last year's New Wave LP, Ibn Inglor built on the foundation he established with Booth-hosted debut Gawdspeed, and cemented himself as one of the most compelling, experimental voices on the Windy City scene. Now, he is...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.