These days it’s hard to truly sound unique – even the unique artists sound unique in the exact same way – but I can honestly say I’m hard pressed to declare that I’ve heard something like Ibn Iglor’s Colors. I’ll award a million bonus points to anyone who can tell me who producer E.N.O.N Jacobs samples to craft the beat for Colors, and until the ‘Go ILL emcee releases his own Decoded, I’m going to have to put this one on repeat for a minute to unravel the lyrics. Combine all of that with a charismatic delivery that refuses to be easily contained and you can consider me officially anticipating Iglor’s GawdsSpeed mixtape, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"4 Finger Ring Raps" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.