These days it’s hard to truly sound unique – even the unique artists sound unique in the exact same way – but I can honestly say I’m hard pressed to declare that I’ve heard something like Ibn Iglor’s Colors. I’ll award a million bonus points to anyone who can tell me who producer E.N.O.N Jacobs samples to craft the beat for Colors, and until the ‘Go ILL emcee releases his own Decoded, I’m going to have to put this one on repeat for a minute to unravel the lyrics. Combine all of that with a charismatic delivery that refuses to be easily contained and you can consider me officially anticipating Iglor’s GawdsSpeed mixtape, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"4 Finger Ring Raps" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.