These days it’s hard to truly sound unique – even the unique artists sound unique in the exact same way – but I can honestly say I’m hard pressed to declare that I’ve heard something like Ibn Iglor’s Colors. I’ll award a million bonus points to anyone who can tell me who producer E.N.O.N Jacobs samples to craft the beat for Colors, and until the ‘Go ILL emcee releases his own Decoded, I’m going to have to put this one on repeat for a minute to unravel the lyrics. Combine all of that with a charismatic delivery that refuses to be easily contained and you can consider me officially anticipating Iglor’s GawdsSpeed mixtape, which currently has no set release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"4 Finger Ring Raps" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.