If past years and current forecasts are any indication, it’s gonna be another Cold-ass Winter in the Windy City. But listeners shouldn’t expect any small talk about the weather on Ibn Inglor‘s new single. Like its predecessor, Gold, the latest world premiere off the buzzmaking spitter’s Booth-hosted debut album finds him using the title as a metaphorical springboard for bars about the spiritual malaise and socioeconomic struggle afflicting his ‘hood. With PGMW‘s cavernous, reverb-soaked boardwork as his canvas, Inglor illustrates just how easily humanity can fall by the wayside when you’re fighting for status and survival in the urban jungle. For this brooding banger and much more, check out Gawdspeed when it hits our front page for free streaming and download in January 2013.
Written by richard on 12/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.