If past years and current forecasts are any indication, it’s gonna be another Cold-ass Winter in the Windy City. But listeners shouldn’t expect any small talk about the weather on Ibn Inglor‘s new single. Like its predecessor, Gold, the latest world premiere off the buzzmaking spitter’s Booth-hosted debut album finds him using the title as a metaphorical springboard for bars about the spiritual malaise and socioeconomic struggle afflicting his ‘hood. With PGMW‘s cavernous, reverb-soaked boardwork as his canvas, Inglor illustrates just how easily humanity can fall by the wayside when you’re fighting for status and survival in the urban jungle. For this brooding banger and much more, check out Gawdspeed when it hits our front page for free streaming and download in January 2013.
Written by richard on 12/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.