If past years and current forecasts are any indication, it’s gonna be another Cold-ass Winter in the Windy City. But listeners shouldn’t expect any small talk about the weather on Ibn Inglor‘s new single. Like its predecessor, Gold, the latest world premiere off the buzzmaking spitter’s Booth-hosted debut album finds him using the title as a metaphorical springboard for bars about the spiritual malaise and socioeconomic struggle afflicting his ‘hood. With PGMW‘s cavernous, reverb-soaked boardwork as his canvas, Inglor illustrates just how easily humanity can fall by the wayside when you’re fighting for status and survival in the urban jungle. For this brooding banger and much more, check out Gawdspeed when it hits our front page for free streaming and download in January 2013.
Written by richard on 12/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)