DAMAGED, the last single off Ibn Inglor‘s forthcoming full-length, won positive reviews for its hard-hitting verses but left certain fans hungry for something a little more adventurous. The Windy City emcee must have been paying close attention, because the newly-released CHAMBERS finds him venturing into some fresh aural territory. The Danny Wintrer-produced jam begins on a surprisingly upbeat note; syncopated percussion, piano loops and distorted vocal samples set an energetic, yet bittersweet mood to match Inglor’s wistful opening bars. About a minute in, the record switches gears abruptly, the production transforming into a cavernous synth-sample arrangement as Inglor continues his polemic against haters and presumptuous bloggers. Fans will be able to find this audacious jam and much more on the unsigned buzzmaker’s New Wave 2 LP, set to drop digitally on Sunday, April 13.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.