DAMAGED, the last single off Ibn Inglor‘s forthcoming full-length, won positive reviews for its hard-hitting verses but left certain fans hungry for something a little more adventurous. The Windy City emcee must have been paying close attention, because the newly-released CHAMBERS finds him venturing into some fresh aural territory. The Danny Wintrer-produced jam begins on a surprisingly upbeat note; syncopated percussion, piano loops and distorted vocal samples set an energetic, yet bittersweet mood to match Inglor’s wistful opening bars. About a minute in, the record switches gears abruptly, the production transforming into a cavernous synth-sample arrangement as Inglor continues his polemic against haters and presumptuous bloggers. Fans will be able to find this audacious jam and much more on the unsigned buzzmaker’s New Wave 2 LP, set to drop digitally on Sunday, April 13.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.