DAMAGED, the last single off Ibn Inglor‘s forthcoming full-length, won positive reviews for its hard-hitting verses but left certain fans hungry for something a little more adventurous. The Windy City emcee must have been paying close attention, because the newly-released CHAMBERS finds him venturing into some fresh aural territory. The Danny Wintrer-produced jam begins on a surprisingly upbeat note; syncopated percussion, piano loops and distorted vocal samples set an energetic, yet bittersweet mood to match Inglor’s wistful opening bars. About a minute in, the record switches gears abruptly, the production transforming into a cavernous synth-sample arrangement as Inglor continues his polemic against haters and presumptuous bloggers. Fans will be able to find this audacious jam and much more on the unsigned buzzmaker’s New Wave 2 LP, set to drop digitally on Sunday, April 13.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.