DAMAGED, the last single off Ibn Inglor‘s forthcoming full-length, won positive reviews for its hard-hitting verses but left certain fans hungry for something a little more adventurous. The Windy City emcee must have been paying close attention, because the newly-released CHAMBERS finds him venturing into some fresh aural territory. The Danny Wintrer-produced jam begins on a surprisingly upbeat note; syncopated percussion, piano loops and distorted vocal samples set an energetic, yet bittersweet mood to match Inglor’s wistful opening bars. About a minute in, the record switches gears abruptly, the production transforming into a cavernous synth-sample arrangement as Inglor continues his polemic against haters and presumptuous bloggers. Fans will be able to find this audacious jam and much more on the unsigned buzzmaker’s New Wave 2 LP, set to drop digitally on Sunday, April 13.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.