Any American who gets their information on politics and world affairs strictly from cable networks and popular periodicals is destined to have a woefully incomplete understanding of the facts. Even in the arena of music journalism, where there’s less of a vested interest in distorting the facts, bloggers’ hidden agendas can lead the unwary reader astray. On BLACK PRINT, the final pre-release single off his sophomore street album and a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Windy City phenom Ibn Inglor urges listeners to resist ephemeral hype and facile comparisons (No, he doesn’t appreciate being called the next Kanye West.) and come to their own conclusions regarding his work. Tom Tripp provides an eerie, synth-driven backdrop for Inglor’s bars, peppering topical snippets from an interview with Bob Dylan throughout the record. For this cut, the reader-approved title track and much more, check out Inglor’s New Wave LP when it drops digitally this Friday, the 20th.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ibn Inglor’s Andre Muir-directed BLACK PRINT visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.