Any American who gets their information on politics and world affairs strictly from cable networks and popular periodicals is destined to have a woefully incomplete understanding of the facts. Even in the arena of music journalism, where there’s less of a vested interest in distorting the facts, bloggers’ hidden agendas can lead the unwary reader astray. On BLACK PRINT, the final pre-release single off his sophomore street album and a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Windy City phenom Ibn Inglor urges listeners to resist ephemeral hype and facile comparisons (No, he doesn’t appreciate being called the next Kanye West.) and come to their own conclusions regarding his work. Tom Tripp provides an eerie, synth-driven backdrop for Inglor’s bars, peppering topical snippets from an interview with Bob Dylan throughout the record. For this cut, the reader-approved title track and much more, check out Inglor’s New Wave LP when it drops digitally this Friday, the 20th.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ibn Inglor’s Andre Muir-directed BLACK PRINT visual.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.