Any American who gets their information on politics and world affairs strictly from cable networks and popular periodicals is destined to have a woefully incomplete understanding of the facts. Even in the arena of music journalism, where there’s less of a vested interest in distorting the facts, bloggers’ hidden agendas can lead the unwary reader astray. On BLACK PRINT, the final pre-release single off his sophomore street album and a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Windy City phenom Ibn Inglor urges listeners to resist ephemeral hype and facile comparisons (No, he doesn’t appreciate being called the next Kanye West.) and come to their own conclusions regarding his work. Tom Tripp provides an eerie, synth-driven backdrop for Inglor’s bars, peppering topical snippets from an interview with Bob Dylan throughout the record. For this cut, the reader-approved title track and much more, check out Inglor’s New Wave LP when it drops digitally this Friday, the 20th.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ibn Inglor’s Andre Muir-directed BLACK PRINT visual.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Fresh off the release of his Booth-hosted GawdsSpeed tape in February, Chicago native Ibn Inglor has returned with the brand new street album, NEW WAVE. Found on the dark, moody nine-track set are previously-featured...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.