Fresh off blessing our front page with ICE, the eighth entry in our recently-relaunched freestyle series, Ibn Inglor returns to the Booth with new buzz record BELIEF. Here, the Windy City buzzmaker congratulates himself on the big moves he’s been making in the game of late, and continues his polemic against bloggers’ reductive descriptions of his style: “I made the blogs dog, but I can’t relate to y’all / They compare me so much.” As he speaks his mind, he showcases some of the most agile, aggressive flows we’ve heard from him to date; producer Apex Martin‘s grinding synths and trap-tinged percussion only add to the track’s blistering energy. BELIEF is not slated for inclusion on Inglor’s upcoming, unscheduled NW2 LP, but the record will appear on Martin’s EOT instrumental tape, scheduled for digital release tomorrow, February 21.
Written by richard on 02/20/14
With last year's New Wave LP, Ibn Inglor built on the foundation he established with Booth-hosted debut Gawdspeed, and cemented himself as one of the most compelling, experimental voices on the Windy City scene. Now, he is...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.