The name I.B. E. (Intelligent Black Enterprise) suggests a smarter (and wordier) than average approach to hip-hop and, on his first Booth feature, the Minneapolis emcee doesn’t disappoint. Twin Cities anthem The Pad finds Bobby Richardson serving up a warm, soul-sampled instrumental, which the headliner and fellow Minne-ap repper Mally lace with rhymes on the joy of returning home. K. Raydio contributes a breezy, off-the-cuff chorus. Craving more? Then be sure to check out I.B.E.‘s next street album, the aptly-titled That Tape, when it hits the ‘net May 14.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.