The name I.B. E. (Intelligent Black Enterprise) suggests a smarter (and wordier) than average approach to hip-hop and, on his first Booth feature, the Minneapolis emcee doesn’t disappoint. Twin Cities anthem The Pad finds Bobby Richardson serving up a warm, soul-sampled instrumental, which the headliner and fellow Minne-ap repper Mally lace with rhymes on the joy of returning home. K. Raydio contributes a breezy, off-the-cuff chorus. Craving more? Then be sure to check out I.B.E.‘s next street album, the aptly-titled That Tape, when it hits the ‘net May 14.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.