The reassuring thing about rock bottom is that you know you’ve gone as low as you can go. Except for when the bottom drops out, and you find yourself plummeting towards a Bottomless Bottom—then, it may be time for desperate measures. On his latest single selection, Twin Cities buzzmaker I.B.E. (Intelligent Black Enterprise) takes listeners on a journey into the depths, lacing BenZilla‘s moody, bass-led grooves with the stories of two individuals who were forced to take matters into their own hands when others turned a blind eye to their suffering: one a bullied elementary school student and the other a female victim of abuse at the hands of her father. A bracing jam that will undoubtedly inspire listeners to think more closely about the daily struggles of those around them, this cut is just one of many fresh, insightful cuts slated for inclusion on I.B.E.‘s This, That & the Third LP, scheduled for release in January of next year.
Written by richard on 09/14/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.