The reassuring thing about rock bottom is that you know you’ve gone as low as you can go. Except for when the bottom drops out, and you find yourself plummeting towards a Bottomless Bottom—then, it may be time for desperate measures. On his latest single selection, Twin Cities buzzmaker I.B.E. (Intelligent Black Enterprise) takes listeners on a journey into the depths, lacing BenZilla‘s moody, bass-led grooves with the stories of two individuals who were forced to take matters into their own hands when others turned a blind eye to their suffering: one a bullied elementary school student and the other a female victim of abuse at the hands of her father. A bracing jam that will undoubtedly inspire listeners to think more closely about the daily struggles of those around them, this cut is just one of many fresh, insightful cuts slated for inclusion on I.B.E.‘s This, That & the Third LP, scheduled for release in January of next year.
Written by richard on 09/14/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.