The reassuring thing about rock bottom is that you know you’ve gone as low as you can go. Except for when the bottom drops out, and you find yourself plummeting towards a Bottomless Bottom—then, it may be time for desperate measures. On his latest single selection, Twin Cities buzzmaker I.B.E. (Intelligent Black Enterprise) takes listeners on a journey into the depths, lacing BenZilla‘s moody, bass-led grooves with the stories of two individuals who were forced to take matters into their own hands when others turned a blind eye to their suffering: one a bullied elementary school student and the other a female victim of abuse at the hands of her father. A bracing jam that will undoubtedly inspire listeners to think more closely about the daily struggles of those around them, this cut is just one of many fresh, insightful cuts slated for inclusion on I.B.E.‘s This, That & the Third LP, scheduled for release in January of next year.
Written by richard on 09/14/12
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.