The reassuring thing about rock bottom is that you know you’ve gone as low as you can go. Except for when the bottom drops out, and you find yourself plummeting towards a Bottomless Bottom—then, it may be time for desperate measures. On his latest single selection, Twin Cities buzzmaker I.B.E. (Intelligent Black Enterprise) takes listeners on a journey into the depths, lacing BenZilla‘s moody, bass-led grooves with the stories of two individuals who were forced to take matters into their own hands when others turned a blind eye to their suffering: one a bullied elementary school student and the other a female victim of abuse at the hands of her father. A bracing jam that will undoubtedly inspire listeners to think more closely about the daily struggles of those around them, this cut is just one of many fresh, insightful cuts slated for inclusion on I.B.E.‘s This, That & the Third LP, scheduled for release in January of next year.
Written by richard on 09/14/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.