For a rapper starting out in the game, the wisdom of an experienced player is worth its weight in gold. (OK, wisdom doesn’t actually have a weight—but you get what I’m saying.) Thus, aspiring emcees will want to pay close attention to IAMSU!‘s latest single, which finds him tutoring a Young Homie on the basics of the hustle. Over his own frenetic percussion and spacey synth squelches, the HBK Gang rapper and producer emphasizes the importance of staying relevant, choosing friends carefully and keeping your pockets on swole at all times. Bay Area neighbor Skipper provides guest bars. This edutaining promo cut isn’t part of a larger project, but more high-rolling street bangers can be found on SU!‘s $uzy 6 $peed mixtape, available online as of November 2012.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Curly Shirley" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.