For a rapper starting out in the game, the wisdom of an experienced player is worth its weight in gold. (OK, wisdom doesn’t actually have a weight—but you get what I’m saying.) Thus, aspiring emcees will want to pay close attention to IAMSU!‘s latest single, which finds him tutoring a Young Homie on the basics of the hustle. Over his own frenetic percussion and spacey synth squelches, the HBK Gang rapper and producer emphasizes the importance of staying relevant, choosing friends carefully and keeping your pockets on swole at all times. Bay Area neighbor Skipper provides guest bars. This edutaining promo cut isn’t part of a larger project, but more high-rolling street bangers can be found on SU!‘s $uzy 6 $peed mixtape, available online as of November 2012.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Curly Shirley" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.