For a rapper starting out in the game, the wisdom of an experienced player is worth its weight in gold. (OK, wisdom doesn’t actually have a weight—but you get what I’m saying.) Thus, aspiring emcees will want to pay close attention to IAMSU!‘s latest single, which finds him tutoring a Young Homie on the basics of the hustle. Over his own frenetic percussion and spacey synth squelches, the HBK Gang rapper and producer emphasizes the importance of staying relevant, choosing friends carefully and keeping your pockets on swole at all times. Bay Area neighbor Skipper provides guest bars. This edutaining promo cut isn’t part of a larger project, but more high-rolling street bangers can be found on SU!‘s $uzy 6 $peed mixtape, available online as of November 2012.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Curly Shirley" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.