For a rapper starting out in the game, the wisdom of an experienced player is worth its weight in gold. (OK, wisdom doesn’t actually have a weight—but you get what I’m saying.) Thus, aspiring emcees will want to pay close attention to IAMSU!‘s latest single, which finds him tutoring a Young Homie on the basics of the hustle. Over his own frenetic percussion and spacey synth squelches, the HBK Gang rapper and producer emphasizes the importance of staying relevant, choosing friends carefully and keeping your pockets on swole at all times. Bay Area neighbor Skipper provides guest bars. This edutaining promo cut isn’t part of a larger project, but more high-rolling street bangers can be found on SU!‘s $uzy 6 $peed mixtape, available online as of November 2012.
Written by richard on 01/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Curly Shirley" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.