Both in hip-hop and in popular culture at large, so-called hipsters tend to get a bad rap. IAMSU!, however, bears a certain admiration for ‘em—the women, at least. On his latest mixtape single, the HBK Gang rapper/producer shouts-out all his Hipster Girls, expressing respect for their commitment to social climbing, while questioning the long-term viability of their lifestyle (“Caught up in the hype, in the limelight / But what you gonna do when the hype fade?”). Trackademicks produces the joint’s languid, guitar-laced beat, and Aris Jerome directs the stylish official visuals. For Hipster Girls and much more, check out Kilt II (Deluxe Edition), available in the Booth for streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Curly Shirley" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.