Both in hip-hop and in popular culture at large, so-called hipsters tend to get a bad rap. IAMSU!, however, bears a certain admiration for ‘em—the women, at least. On his latest mixtape single, the HBK Gang rapper/producer shouts-out all his Hipster Girls, expressing respect for their commitment to social climbing, while questioning the long-term viability of their lifestyle (“Caught up in the hype, in the limelight / But what you gonna do when the hype fade?”). Trackademicks produces the joint’s languid, guitar-laced beat, and Aris Jerome directs the stylish official visuals. For Hipster Girls and much more, check out Kilt II (Deluxe Edition), available in the Booth for streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Curly Shirley" (2011)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.