Both in hip-hop and in popular culture at large, so-called hipsters tend to get a bad rap. IAMSU!, however, bears a certain admiration for ‘em—the women, at least. On his latest mixtape single, the HBK Gang rapper/producer shouts-out all his Hipster Girls, expressing respect for their commitment to social climbing, while questioning the long-term viability of their lifestyle (“Caught up in the hype, in the limelight / But what you gonna do when the hype fade?”). Trackademicks produces the joint’s languid, guitar-laced beat, and Aris Jerome directs the stylish official visuals. For Hipster Girls and much more, check out Kilt II (Deluxe Edition), available in the Booth for streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Curly Shirley" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.