Both in hip-hop and in popular culture at large, so-called hipsters tend to get a bad rap. IAMSU!, however, bears a certain admiration for ‘em—the women, at least. On his latest mixtape single, the HBK Gang rapper/producer shouts-out all his Hipster Girls, expressing respect for their commitment to social climbing, while questioning the long-term viability of their lifestyle (“Caught up in the hype, in the limelight / But what you gonna do when the hype fade?”). Trackademicks produces the joint’s languid, guitar-laced beat, and Aris Jerome directs the stylish official visuals. For Hipster Girls and much more, check out Kilt II (Deluxe Edition), available in the Booth for streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Curly Shirley" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.