Both in hip-hop and in popular culture at large, so-called hipsters tend to get a bad rap. IAMSU!, however, bears a certain admiration for ‘em—the women, at least. On his latest mixtape single, the HBK Gang rapper/producer shouts-out all his Hipster Girls, expressing respect for their commitment to social climbing, while questioning the long-term viability of their lifestyle (“Caught up in the hype, in the limelight / But what you gonna do when the hype fade?”). Trackademicks produces the joint’s languid, guitar-laced beat, and Aris Jerome directs the stylish official visuals. For Hipster Girls and much more, check out Kilt II (Deluxe Edition), available in the Booth for streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Curly Shirley" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.