When we last featured i15, they were going full-speed-ahead toward the release of their debut album. After appearing on Soulja Boy‘s second single, Soulja Girl, and releasing their own buzz single, Lost In Love, they even stopped by to chop it up with our own DJ Z. Fifteen months later, that album remains unreleased, without a solid drop date. Hoping they can turn their luck around, the group has released a brand-new single. Calling all the big-booty, Tootie Frutie ladies to the dance-floor, Das and Castro treat the females to a slow-jam serenade (Flash handles the club shout-outs), accompanied by label boss Polow Da Don‘s midtempo beat (think Ciara‘s Promise or Mario‘s Crying Out For Me). There’s no doubt that Polow’s angling to go full-throttle with i15’s promotion—the only question is, will Interscope follow along?
Written by Burmy on 03/9/09
Submit your Rating
Zone 4/Interscope Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soulja Girl ft. i15" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.