When we last featured i15, they were going full-speed-ahead toward the release of their debut album. After appearing on Soulja Boy‘s second single, Soulja Girl, and releasing their own buzz single, Lost In Love, they even stopped by to chop it up with our own DJ Z. Fifteen months later, that album remains unreleased, without a solid drop date. Hoping they can turn their luck around, the group has released a brand-new single. Calling all the big-booty, Tootie Frutie ladies to the dance-floor, Das and Castro treat the females to a slow-jam serenade (Flash handles the club shout-outs), accompanied by label boss Polow Da Don‘s midtempo beat (think Ciara‘s Promise or Mario‘s Crying Out For Me). There’s no doubt that Polow’s angling to go full-throttle with i15’s promotion—the only question is, will Interscope follow along?
Written by Burmy on 03/9/09
Submit your Rating
Zone 4/Interscope Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soulja Girl ft. i15" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)