Named after the famous West Coast highway, R&B/rap group i15 first achieved mainstream success when they appeared on Soulja Boy’s second single, Soulja Girl (unfortunately, most confused them for Mario before the album release). Signed to Polow da Don‘s Zone 4 Entertainment (alongside Rich Boy and Keri Hilson), the all-male trio step up to the plate on their debut single as they tell the story of an ‘ideal woman’ who happens to be Lost In Love. While Das and Castro‘s singing steals the show, rapper Flash spits a respectable verse (he’s from Compton, after all). Topped off by production work from the their boss and it’s a wrap; the ladies will be Lost in Love with i15!
Written by Burmy on 11/18/07
Submit your Rating
Zone 4/Interscope Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soulja Girl ft. i15" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.