Named after the famous West Coast highway, R&B/rap group i15 first achieved mainstream success when they appeared on Soulja Boy’s second single, Soulja Girl (unfortunately, most confused them for Mario before the album release). Signed to Polow da Don‘s Zone 4 Entertainment (alongside Rich Boy and Keri Hilson), the all-male trio step up to the plate on their debut single as they tell the story of an ‘ideal woman’ who happens to be Lost In Love. While Das and Castro‘s singing steals the show, rapper Flash spits a respectable verse (he’s from Compton, after all). Topped off by production work from the their boss and it’s a wrap; the ladies will be Lost in Love with i15!
Written by Burmy on 11/18/07
Submit your Rating
Zone 4/Interscope Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soulja Girl ft. i15" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.