Recently, Sean Kingston added his name to the long list of big-name artists with their very own record labels. Still signed to Beluga Heights/Epic/E1, Kingston has launched Time Is Money Entertainment, and has secured his imprint distribution through Warner Bros. T.I.M.E.‘s first signee is I.Y.A.Z., a British Virgin Islander hoping to win his region a slice of the industry attention that Rock City and Verse have brought to the neighboring U.S. Virgin Islands. The singer’s debut single leaves no doubt as to why Sean signed him—from the smooth, exotic vocals, to the lovelorn subject matter, to J.R. Rotem‘s memorable, synth-heavy beat, Replay follows his boss’ successful formula to a tee. This record is sure to live up to its name and get repeat spins from devoted fans, but will Kingston and Rotem’s co-signs be enough to net I.Y.A.Z. a nationwide following? Find out later in ‘09, when his currently-untitled debut LP hits stores. Until then, look for Kingston’s sophomore release, Tomorrow, which is currently scheduled for release this August.
Written by Burmy on 05/28/09
Submit your Rating
Time Is Money/Beluga Heights/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Replay (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.