Recently, Sean Kingston added his name to the long list of big-name artists with their very own record labels. Still signed to Beluga Heights/Epic/E1, Kingston has launched Time Is Money Entertainment, and has secured his imprint distribution through Warner Bros. T.I.M.E.‘s first signee is I.Y.A.Z., a British Virgin Islander hoping to win his region a slice of the industry attention that Rock City and Verse have brought to the neighboring U.S. Virgin Islands. The singer’s debut single leaves no doubt as to why Sean signed him—from the smooth, exotic vocals, to the lovelorn subject matter, to J.R. Rotem‘s memorable, synth-heavy beat, Replay follows his boss’ successful formula to a tee. This record is sure to live up to its name and get repeat spins from devoted fans, but will Kingston and Rotem’s co-signs be enough to net I.Y.A.Z. a nationwide following? Find out later in ‘09, when his currently-untitled debut LP hits stores. Until then, look for Kingston’s sophomore release, Tomorrow, which is currently scheduled for release this August.
Written by Burmy on 05/28/09
Submit your Rating
Time Is Money/Beluga Heights/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Replay (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.