Recently, Sean Kingston added his name to the long list of big-name artists with their very own record labels. Still signed to Beluga Heights/Epic/E1, Kingston has launched Time Is Money Entertainment, and has secured his imprint distribution through Warner Bros. T.I.M.E.‘s first signee is I.Y.A.Z., a British Virgin Islander hoping to win his region a slice of the industry attention that Rock City and Verse have brought to the neighboring U.S. Virgin Islands. The singer’s debut single leaves no doubt as to why Sean signed him—from the smooth, exotic vocals, to the lovelorn subject matter, to J.R. Rotem‘s memorable, synth-heavy beat, Replay follows his boss’ successful formula to a tee. This record is sure to live up to its name and get repeat spins from devoted fans, but will Kingston and Rotem’s co-signs be enough to net I.Y.A.Z. a nationwide following? Find out later in ‘09, when his currently-untitled debut LP hits stores. Until then, look for Kingston’s sophomore release, Tomorrow, which is currently scheduled for release this August.
Time Is Money/Beluga Heights/Warner Bros
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Replay (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.