Released in late July, the debut project from I/O (aka Ayo Olatunji) saw him grappling with the pain of Isolation. How did he get to that dark place? Unsurprisingly, there seems to have been a woman involved. On You Slay Me, a freshly-released bonus track off the project, the Northeastern singer, songwriter and producer addresses the individual who cut his heart out and threw it on the ground, showcasing a silky falsetto and mournful overdubbed harmonies over his own atmospheric, intricately-textured production. This cathartic, emotionally-charged cut is just one of many quality jams to be found on the artist’s freshman street album, available here for free streaming and digital download. Happen to be in NYC and have a free evening? I/O will be performing his first-ever live set tonight, as part of a CMJ showcase at SoHo venue SOB’s.
Written by richard on 10/17/12
Big Apple singer/songwriter/producer I/O (Ayo Olatunji) has come together with The DJBooth for the release of his debut project, Isolation, featuring the Jordan Ware-produced lead single "Strangers" and stand out selection...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)