No longer content with being mere Strangers, New York City singer/songwriter/producer I/O (also known as Ayo Olatunji) has returned to the DJBooth for the premiere of his second feature We’ll Always Be. As opposed to Strangers, We’ll Always Be sports a more upbeat vibe, which highlights yet another side of the Nigerian triple-threat. Right off the bat the production on We’ll Always Be, which is handled by the artist himself, features a bit of an 80’s pop feel thanks to a combination of hand claps and bubbly bass. With I/O’s intriguing vocals and the song’s lighthearted production it’s almost too easy to forget that We’ll Always Be is in fact a song about heartbreak. Prepare to hear much more from the very promising NYC crooner when his debut album, Isolation, is released for free download via DJBooth tomorrow (July 31).
Written by Danielle H. on 07/30/12
Big Apple singer/songwriter/producer I/O (Ayo Olatunji) has come together with The DJBooth for the release of his debut project, Isolation, featuring the Jordan Ware-produced lead single "Strangers" and stand out selection...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.