No longer content with being mere Strangers, New York City singer/songwriter/producer I/O (also known as Ayo Olatunji) has returned to the DJBooth for the premiere of his second feature We’ll Always Be. As opposed to Strangers, We’ll Always Be sports a more upbeat vibe, which highlights yet another side of the Nigerian triple-threat. Right off the bat the production on We’ll Always Be, which is handled by the artist himself, features a bit of an 80’s pop feel thanks to a combination of hand claps and bubbly bass. With I/O’s intriguing vocals and the song’s lighthearted production it’s almost too easy to forget that We’ll Always Be is in fact a song about heartbreak. Prepare to hear much more from the very promising NYC crooner when his debut album, Isolation, is released for free download via DJBooth tomorrow (July 31).
Written by Danielle H. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.