No longer content with being mere Strangers, New York City singer/songwriter/producer I/O (also known as Ayo Olatunji) has returned to the DJBooth for the premiere of his second feature We’ll Always Be. As opposed to Strangers, We’ll Always Be sports a more upbeat vibe, which highlights yet another side of the Nigerian triple-threat. Right off the bat the production on We’ll Always Be, which is handled by the artist himself, features a bit of an 80’s pop feel thanks to a combination of hand claps and bubbly bass. With I/O’s intriguing vocals and the song’s lighthearted production it’s almost too easy to forget that We’ll Always Be is in fact a song about heartbreak. Prepare to hear much more from the very promising NYC crooner when his debut album, Isolation, is released for free download via DJBooth tomorrow (July 31).
Written by Danielle H. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.