No longer content with being mere Strangers, New York City singer/songwriter/producer I/O (also known as Ayo Olatunji) has returned to the DJBooth for the premiere of his second feature We’ll Always Be. As opposed to Strangers, We’ll Always Be sports a more upbeat vibe, which highlights yet another side of the Nigerian triple-threat. Right off the bat the production on We’ll Always Be, which is handled by the artist himself, features a bit of an 80’s pop feel thanks to a combination of hand claps and bubbly bass. With I/O’s intriguing vocals and the song’s lighthearted production it’s almost too easy to forget that We’ll Always Be is in fact a song about heartbreak. Prepare to hear much more from the very promising NYC crooner when his debut album, Isolation, is released for free download via DJBooth tomorrow (July 31).
Written by Danielle H. on 07/30/12
Big Apple singer/songwriter/producer I/O (Ayo Olatunji) has come together with The DJBooth for the release of his debut project, Isolation, featuring the Jordan Ware-produced lead single "Strangers" and stand out selection...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.