Craving something with a soulful, understated vibe? Well, you’re on the Right Track. I/O, the singer and producer who hooked up with the Booth to drop debut street album Isolation in summer of 2012, is back to ring in the (relatively) new year with an outtake that’s been unjustly confined to the vault since the aforementioned project’s release. The Booth fave’s own midtempo, breakbeat-driven boardwork backs him as he addresses a woman who led him on before hanging him out to dry. Though his delivery is understated, the cut’s lyrics vividly convey his anguish: “They found me dead at the scene, I’m not breathing / The killer just fled, from the scene.” Has this unreleased jam left you fiending for some new music from the singer born Ayo Olatunje? Then sit tight and keep your browsers locked to the Booth; I/O assures us that fresh material is in the works, and will be liberated later in 2014.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)