Craving something with a soulful, understated vibe? Well, you’re on the Right Track. I/O, the singer and producer who hooked up with the Booth to drop debut street album Isolation in summer of 2012, is back to ring in the (relatively) new year with an outtake that’s been unjustly confined to the vault since the aforementioned project’s release. The Booth fave’s own midtempo, breakbeat-driven boardwork backs him as he addresses a woman who led him on before hanging him out to dry. Though his delivery is understated, the cut’s lyrics vividly convey his anguish: “They found me dead at the scene, I’m not breathing / The killer just fled, from the scene.” Has this unreleased jam left you fiending for some new music from the singer born Ayo Olatunje? Then sit tight and keep your browsers locked to the Booth; I/O assures us that fresh material is in the works, and will be liberated later in 2014.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.