Craving something with a soulful, understated vibe? Well, you’re on the Right Track. I/O, the singer and producer who hooked up with the Booth to drop debut street album Isolation in summer of 2012, is back to ring in the (relatively) new year with an outtake that’s been unjustly confined to the vault since the aforementioned project’s release. The Booth fave’s own midtempo, breakbeat-driven boardwork backs him as he addresses a woman who led him on before hanging him out to dry. Though his delivery is understated, the cut’s lyrics vividly convey his anguish: “They found me dead at the scene, I’m not breathing / The killer just fled, from the scene.” Has this unreleased jam left you fiending for some new music from the singer born Ayo Olatunje? Then sit tight and keep your browsers locked to the Booth; I/O assures us that fresh material is in the works, and will be liberated later in 2014.
Written by richard on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.