Does I-20 do it for The Love, or for the money? On the latest song release off his forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted street release, I-20 makes clear that the answer is “Yes.” Following August’s Southern Charm, this laid-back street single find him reveling in both his lavish lifestyle and his fidelity to the hustle, mixing flossy punchlines (“Karats in my watch / handshakes turn to freeze tag.”) with affirmations of his realness over Dirty Dunnz‘s head-noddable sampling of Jackson 5 classic I’ll Bet You. How about it, readers: are you feeling The Love? If so, you’ll be able to find this cut and much more on The Intermission, scheduled to hit our front page November 20, for streaming and download. In the meantime, February’s Celebrity Rehab tape is still available free of charge in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.