The title of I-20’s latest feature, Live It Up, might ring a bell because, earlier this month, Jennifer Lopez released a single by the same title. While the two cuts might share a name, their respective artists take very different approaches: Lopez’ Live It Up is made for the club, while I-20’s joint is better-suited for relaxing and enjoying a tall glass of your favorite drink. DJ Pain1 cooks up a smooth, airy beat that serves as an interesting backdrop for 20’s booming, leanin’ flow. The DTP veteran is joined by Fiend, whose similarly deep, well-rounded flow matches the jam’s laid-back ambiance. You’ll be able to Live It Up all over again when I-20 drops his The Amphetamine Manifesto Pt. 2. The project as let lacks a drop date but, as always, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.