Ladies and gentlemen, I-20 is the motherf*cking man. El hombre. L’homme. Der Mann. Don’t take it from me, though; take it from the man himself, who explains exactly why he can be considered a male human being par excellence on I’m the Man, leak numero uno off his forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored mixtape. Here, Trakksounds’ slow-rolling, bluesy sample work sets the mood as the Decatur street veteran delivers a gruff chronicle of his paper chase. Flowing with the unflappable confidence of a true O.G., the DTP signee sympathizes with those who choose to hustle on the block rather than standing in an unemployment line: “It’s hard to have morals when the motherf*ckin’ rent’s due.” Guest spitter Killa Kyleon comes with some witty aggression to complement the headliner’s laissez-faire style, “...bussin’ scripts like CVS” in his engaging closing 16. Feeling this smooth street banger? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to February 15, arrival of Celebrity Rehab—featuring guest appearances by Ludacris and Rain as well as beats by DJ Pain1, Dirty Dunnz and more!
Written by richard on 02/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)