Ladies and gentlemen, I-20 is the motherf*cking man. El hombre. L’homme. Der Mann. Don’t take it from me, though; take it from the man himself, who explains exactly why he can be considered a male human being par excellence on I’m the Man, leak numero uno off his forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored mixtape. Here, Trakksounds’ slow-rolling, bluesy sample work sets the mood as the Decatur street veteran delivers a gruff chronicle of his paper chase. Flowing with the unflappable confidence of a true O.G., the DTP signee sympathizes with those who choose to hustle on the block rather than standing in an unemployment line: “It’s hard to have morals when the motherf*ckin’ rent’s due.” Guest spitter Killa Kyleon comes with some witty aggression to complement the headliner’s laissez-faire style, “...bussin’ scripts like CVS” in his engaging closing 16. Feeling this smooth street banger? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to February 15, arrival of Celebrity Rehab—featuring guest appearances by Ludacris and Rain as well as beats by DJ Pain1, Dirty Dunnz and more!
Written by richard on 02/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.