Ladies and gentlemen, I-20 is the motherf*cking man. El hombre. L’homme. Der Mann. Don’t take it from me, though; take it from the man himself, who explains exactly why he can be considered a male human being par excellence on I’m the Man, leak numero uno off his forthcoming, DJBooth-sponsored mixtape. Here, Trakksounds’ slow-rolling, bluesy sample work sets the mood as the Decatur street veteran delivers a gruff chronicle of his paper chase. Flowing with the unflappable confidence of a true O.G., the DTP signee sympathizes with those who choose to hustle on the block rather than standing in an unemployment line: “It’s hard to have morals when the motherf*ckin’ rent’s due.” Guest spitter Killa Kyleon comes with some witty aggression to complement the headliner’s laissez-faire style, “...bussin’ scripts like CVS” in his engaging closing 16. Feeling this smooth street banger? Then keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to February 15, arrival of Celebrity Rehab—featuring guest appearances by Ludacris and Rain as well as beats by DJ Pain1, Dirty Dunnz and more!
Written by richard on 02/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.