Despite major distribution from Capitol Records, DTP artist I-20‘s debut album, Self Explanatory, failed to crack the 200,000 copies-sold mark. Following a short disappearance, the Eastside Atlanta native is back on the scene and with him is a new distribution deal from Koch Records for his forthcoming sophomore album, Blood in the Water, due out October 14. On the first single, the emcee channels the old-fashioned Southern pimpin’ style, explaining that while others might Really Like Her, he just spends one night and then puts them back in their place (his words, not ours). With a freaky verse from his boss Ludacris, a sampled hook from Rocko‘s Umma Do Me, and an electric-guitar beat from producer Street Symphony, the chauvinistic male audience will undoubtedly Really Like Her—in which case, one night might not be enough.
Written by Burmy on 09/17/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands In The Sky ft. Akon & Birdman" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.