Despite major distribution from Capitol Records, DTP artist I-20‘s debut album, Self Explanatory, failed to crack the 200,000 copies-sold mark. Following a short disappearance, the Eastside Atlanta native is back on the scene and with him is a new distribution deal from Koch Records for his forthcoming sophomore album, Blood in the Water, due out October 14. On the first single, the emcee channels the old-fashioned Southern pimpin’ style, explaining that while others might Really Like Her, he just spends one night and then puts them back in their place (his words, not ours). With a freaky verse from his boss Ludacris, a sampled hook from Rocko‘s Umma Do Me, and an electric-guitar beat from producer Street Symphony, the chauvinistic male audience will undoubtedly Really Like Her—in which case, one night might not be enough.
Written by Burmy on 09/17/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands In The Sky ft. Akon & Birdman" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.