Despite major distribution from Capitol Records, DTP artist I-20‘s debut album, Self Explanatory, failed to crack the 200,000 copies-sold mark. Following a short disappearance, the Eastside Atlanta native is back on the scene and with him is a new distribution deal from Koch Records for his forthcoming sophomore album, Blood in the Water, due out October 14. On the first single, the emcee channels the old-fashioned Southern pimpin’ style, explaining that while others might Really Like Her, he just spends one night and then puts them back in their place (his words, not ours). With a freaky verse from his boss Ludacris, a sampled hook from Rocko‘s Umma Do Me, and an electric-guitar beat from producer Street Symphony, the chauvinistic male audience will undoubtedly Really Like Her—in which case, one night might not be enough.
Written by Burmy on 09/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hands In The Sky ft. Akon & Birdman" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.