No, it isn’t April Fools’ Day, and we didn’t deliberately mix up the mp3s to trick Boothgoers into listening to country music. (Though, now that I think about it, that would have been hilarious.) The snippet of Marc Collie’s In Time that serves as intro to I-20‘s latest mixtape leak may throw some listeners for a loop, but it could hardly be a better mood-setter; making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Bury Me has a morbid vibe that’ll make fans of old-school country and blues feel right at home. Backed by the desolate yet banging boardwork of Salaam Remi, the deep-voiced ATLien says his final goodbyes and proceeds to describe what he’d like to go down at his funeral service. All the women he’s ever loved will bring their finest friends, the preacher will read out of the rapper’s own rhyme book, and drug use will be not only encouraged but compulsory: “Make everyone pop a pill, I want ‘em rollin’ when I die.” Now that’s a celebration of life. Does this banging dose of gallows humor leave you craving more? Keep it locked for the latest on I-20’s DJ Bobby Black-hosted They Grey Area mixtape, which currently lacks a release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.