No, it isn’t April Fools’ Day, and we didn’t deliberately mix up the mp3s to trick Boothgoers into listening to country music. (Though, now that I think about it, that would have been hilarious.) The snippet of Marc Collie’s In Time that serves as intro to I-20‘s latest mixtape leak may throw some listeners for a loop, but it could hardly be a better mood-setter; making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Bury Me has a morbid vibe that’ll make fans of old-school country and blues feel right at home. Backed by the desolate yet banging boardwork of Salaam Remi, the deep-voiced ATLien says his final goodbyes and proceeds to describe what he’d like to go down at his funeral service. All the women he’s ever loved will bring their finest friends, the preacher will read out of the rapper’s own rhyme book, and drug use will be not only encouraged but compulsory: “Make everyone pop a pill, I want ‘em rollin’ when I die.” Now that’s a celebration of life. Does this banging dose of gallows humor leave you craving more? Keep it locked for the latest on I-20’s DJ Bobby Black-hosted They Grey Area mixtape, which currently lacks a release date.
Written by richard on 11/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.