For most 9-to-5ers, the start of Friday is synonymous with thoughts about the weekend ahead. In the music business, however, the work never stops. Literally, never. That is why it is part and parcel that we bring you yet another fresh cut from I-20’s The Intermission mixtape in anticipation of its DJBooth-hosted release on Monday (11/20). A Toast features jazzy, horn centered boardwork from DJ Pain1 alongside I-20’s distinct deep vocal, which the ATL native and former DTP artist uses to deliver some pretty witty lines like “Call me Bobby Spolestra, I can make the heat work.” Let A Toast serve as your weekend appetizer until Monday, when you can hear this cut, the previously-featured The Love and much much more on The Intermission.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/16/12
Disturbing tha Peace street mainstay I-20 has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street album, The Intermission. One of several mixtapes I-20 plans to release in the lead-up to the third and final...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.