For most 9-to-5ers, the start of Friday is synonymous with thoughts about the weekend ahead. In the music business, however, the work never stops. Literally, never. That is why it is part and parcel that we bring you yet another fresh cut from I-20’s The Intermission mixtape in anticipation of its DJBooth-hosted release on Monday (11/20). A Toast features jazzy, horn centered boardwork from DJ Pain1 alongside I-20’s distinct deep vocal, which the ATL native and former DTP artist uses to deliver some pretty witty lines like “Call me Bobby Spolestra, I can make the heat work.” Let A Toast serve as your weekend appetizer until Monday, when you can hear this cut, the previously-featured The Love and much much more on The Intermission.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.