For most 9-to-5ers, the start of Friday is synonymous with thoughts about the weekend ahead. In the music business, however, the work never stops. Literally, never. That is why it is part and parcel that we bring you yet another fresh cut from I-20’s The Intermission mixtape in anticipation of its DJBooth-hosted release on Monday (11/20). A Toast features jazzy, horn centered boardwork from DJ Pain1 alongside I-20’s distinct deep vocal, which the ATL native and former DTP artist uses to deliver some pretty witty lines like “Call me Bobby Spolestra, I can make the heat work.” Let A Toast serve as your weekend appetizer until Monday, when you can hear this cut, the previously-featured The Love and much much more on The Intermission.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.