For most 9-to-5ers, the start of Friday is synonymous with thoughts about the weekend ahead. In the music business, however, the work never stops. Literally, never. That is why it is part and parcel that we bring you yet another fresh cut from I-20’s The Intermission mixtape in anticipation of its DJBooth-hosted release on Monday (11/20). A Toast features jazzy, horn centered boardwork from DJ Pain1 alongside I-20’s distinct deep vocal, which the ATL native and former DTP artist uses to deliver some pretty witty lines like “Call me Bobby Spolestra, I can make the heat work.” Let A Toast serve as your weekend appetizer until Monday, when you can hear this cut, the previously-featured The Love and much much more on The Intermission.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Really Like Her ft. Ludacris & Rocko" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.